The Ministry of Taxation and Internal Revenue of Belarus. It supervises tax policy, calculation and collection of fees, duties and other budgetary payments, as well as the recovery of tax debts and conducting outreach to the public on these issues.
Project goals and objectives
- Creating a distributed system for keeping the State register of taxpayers of the Republic of Belarus.
- Organizing data download in * .dbf and * .xls formats.
- Integrating information resources of different levels (republican, regional and district).
- Creating analytical reports for the central office and regional inspectorates.
- Updating of information in the database.
- System Security.
- Developing a user-friendly interface.
- Providing web-access to public and classified information on payers to businesses and individuals depending on their powers.
The State register of taxpayers information system was designed on the basis of the documented requirements in Terms of Reference. Fully updated program has a standard and usable web-based interface. Three-level working principle of the State-Province-The Ministry of Taxation and Internal Revenue is realized through the provision of a corporate network of communication channels of The Ministry of Taxation and Internal Revenue. Employees of the inspection area are provided with the remote access, while other professionals have the full access to the State register of taxpayers database at the level of The Ministry of Taxation and Internal Revenue. Thus, the database is constantly kept up to date.
Oracle 10g for SLES has been selected as the database. Oracle Reports 10g and Oracle Forms 10g are used for reports preparation and data printing.
The certification of The State register of taxpayers security system is received. The data input by inspectors can be certified by electronic signature.
The following features were added:
- Register of licenses for alcohol and tobacco.
- Register of licenses for gambling.
- The system functional elements configuration according to the rights and powers of the user.
- Maintenance of all regulatory and reference information in a single table.
All of the objectives are achieved, the system is implemented in production.